The New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Foundation is the nonprofit that owns the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival presented by Shell. The Foundation uses the proceeds from Jazz Fest for year-round programs in education, economic development and cultural enrichment.
The New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Foundation is pleased to introduce our new site where you can easily submit an online application and track its status. You will be asked to fill in forms and upload all of the required documents for a complete application. This step-by-step process allows you to fill out your application at your own pace, save your work and edit the application until you are ready to click the "submit" button.
We suggest you use an updated version of Chrome, Safari, or Firefox, as the website is browser-sensitive.
Archive Fellowship 2016Fellowship Purpose
The Jazz & Heritage Fellowships are intended for people who have already demonstrated a remarkable capacity to document cultural and artistic aspects of New Orleans and/or Louisiana, through productive scholarship via public presentations, publications, or exhibitions.
Applicants are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the Jazz & Heritage Archive’s resources by either visiting the Archive or speaking with the Archivists.
Applicants can be either a MA or Ph.D. candidate, academic scholar or an independent scholar with a considerable record of achievement.
A maximum of 3 fellowships will be awarded annually for $5,000 each. Incomplete or late applications will not be reviewed. Fellows must provide a mid-project report or presentation.
Application open: September 19, 2016
Application deadline: October 31, 2016
Award notification: December 1, 2016
The Fellowship program has three purposes. First, is to encourage the scholarly use of the collections in the Jazz & Heritage Archive. Second, is to support new documentation projects that produce primary resource material of lasting value for future research use in the Jazz & Heritage Archive. Third, is to encourage scholarship regionally.
While the Jazz & Heritage Archive resources should play a central role in the proposed research agenda, fellows are also encouraged to explore other research facilities in the Greater New Orleans area. The catalogue is currently not on the internet and all applicants are strongly encouraged to call the Archive to discuss materials of interest.
The New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Foundation Archive is an educational service that identifies, collects, preserves, and protects materials of cultural and historical significance to New Orleans and Louisiana as well as the records of the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Foundation and its assets and programs. These materials are to be used solely for scholarly research and interpretation and to support the mission of the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Foundation.
Instructions For Submitting an Application
- Need an Account? Click the “Sign Up” button on the right to create an account using your email. To create an account using your social media profile click on the appropriate Facebook, LinkedIn, or Twitter icon on the right.
- After you sign up, check your email for an account activation link. You should receive the email within a couple of minutes. Make sure to type your email correctly!
- Already have an account? "Sign In” on the right side of this page, using your email address and password to access your profile.
- Once logged in, you will be able to see the status of your prior applications and apply for new positions.
Step 2: Complete the online application form
- Please note: We may have several Grant and Funding programs open simultaneously. Make sure you select the program application you want. You will be able to edit and change your application until it is submitted.
- Once submitted, you will no longer be able to edit your application, but you will always be able to view your application online in your Fluid Review account.
Step 3: Click on the Submit Full Application button
- Your application will not be complete until you click on the “Submit Full Application” button in your account page.
- You can download and save a copy of your completed application for your records.
For questions about the Archive Fellowship, please contact email@example.com or you may call us by phone at (504) 558-6138.
For questions about the Catapult Fund, Community Partnership Grants and/or other programs of the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Foundation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also call us by phone at (504) 558-6103 or (504) 558-6108.
If you have any technical questions about how to use the site, please contact contact email@example.com and the software application providers can help address your questions.